Husbands Bosworth TunnelThe earliest settlement in the Husbands Bosworth area is a New Stone Age encampment dating from around 3500BC.
The village was recorded in the Domesday book of 1086.
Since then the village has evolved into the thriving community we know today.

If you find any incorrect information or would like further information on any of the subjects within this section please contact us.

Records held at the Leicestershire County Records Office indicate that land for an aerodrome at Husbands Bosworth had been ear-marked as early as August 1941. The site obviously satisfied the Ministry of Air criteria as a fairly level, well drained plot affording relatively unrestricted flight approaches from the east (into the prevailing wind).

After the end of the war the airfield has been decommissioned and has been home to the Gliding Centre since 1965 and the East Midlands Air Support Unit since 1996.

The impressive stately home of Bosworth Hall actually comprises two houses, the Old Hall, and the 'new' Georgian Hall, together with various Victorian additions and sits in parkland on the eastern edge of the village.